Sunday, March 10, 2013

ATLANTA WITH 'THAT QUILT LADY'

I am back!...  How many lame blogs have you read that started with those words?  Or 'I'm sorry.  It sure has been a long time since my last post'.  Well, (hanging head in shame) that is me.
Okay.
Enough apologies.
Let's move on, shall we?

I had the privilege of taking a class or two from Lisa Sipes.  Lisa is a wildly talented quilter.  She is profound, out spoken and true to herself.  I was just a bit star struck to be able to glean a nugget or two of knowledge from this young woman.  I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that this pink haired, tattooed, pantone leggin' wearing girly also has the gift of encouragement.  She says she is a 'cheerleader'.  I say that her kind words and enthusiastic instruction go much deeper than a rote cheer.  You can currently find her work in many quilt magazines as she has just been deemed part of the official Gammill family.  Her work is in the current Gammill adds.  She and Victoria Findlay Wolfe also just took Best of Show at QuiltCon in Austin (among the many ribbons that Lisa won at this show)! 

 You can read more about her on her blog thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com.






You know, I was going to try to catch you up on all the goings on since I last posted.  But instead I will make a promise just to post more often.  Tomorrow night I am giving a little instruction to my guild about how to prepare your quilt back for the quilter.  I will let you know how that goes...promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment