Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DONE and DONE

pattern prototype

This is a quilt that I have been working on for a long, long time.  It is not fussy, plain and simple.  Maybe that is why it took my so dang long.  Then again maybe it is because I designed it with the intention of writing and publishing the pattern.  You see, I wrote and published a pattern (Kiara Chevron).  You can find it on Craftsy....please find it on Craftsy!  But writing a pattern is really, really difficult.  Or at least my brain thinks it is.  I am so very paranoid about making sure that all the measurements and calculations are perfectly correct.  And I want it to look professional...no hand drawings or confusing instructions.  It took me forever to write the Kiara Chevron pattern even though it is a beginner pattern.  It also gave me a giant migraine headache and hives, some hair loss and a blurry vision. Not all of which is true.  You decide.  So....I think the completion of this quilt was hindered by the thought of writing the instructions for it (aka procrastination, of which I am honorary Queen).


yardage calculations...eeekkkk!



piecing complete!


scrappy binding ready


Finished product, fresh out of the dryer.
I am still on the fence about writing instructions for this quilt.  What do you think?  I really have a lot of the work finished. Only the computer part remains...Hahahaaha....ONLY the computer part remains.  I think I feel my hair beginning to fall out....




2 comments:

  1. ugh, I totally feel your pain and paralyzing fear/dread whatever you want to call it at the thought of actually writing the instructions. I have many patterns that really shouldn't be that hard to sit down and have me finish the actual pattern. I promised myself that I would finally publish one, of the many in progress patterns, this year. I just need to talk myself into "just doing it" already.

    Yes, write a pattern you're almost done. See it through... and put a little extra cash in your pocket for more quilty toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the encouragement! Now you do it too!!

    ReplyDelete