Monday, October 29, 2012

Quilt Bloggers Festival!!


Here are photos of my latest and favorite quilt to date.

While we were building the studio I had a lot of extra time for research. I have looked at a ton of different quilts and different quilting techniques. I am so excited by the 'Quilt Modern' style. If you don't know what it is you should totally Google it! Simple and classic. Fresh and new. I couldn't wait to try it. So after getting caught up on client quilts (well, almost) I snuck one of my own on the longarm. It is for a sweet young couple expecting their first baby. I know they loved it and I did too. I hated to give it away...but I know it will be used and cherished and I will absolutely be making another one for me!
What do you think? Now back to some more fun in the new studio!!




Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 50" x 58"
Special techniques used : Trapunto
Quilted by : Becky Everett
Best Category : Professionally Quilted, Baby Quilt, Two Color Quilt
—–


Blogger's Quilt Festival

Head on over to Blogger's Quilt Festival and vote!!  Thanks!

Amy's Creative Side


25 comments:

  1. you already know I love it! Did you use a single layer of batting?

    I just got a used HQ16 and I'm so excited to start playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, I used two layers of Quilters Dream batting. A layer of the 'Blend' and then the trapunto was the Dream Wool. Have fun on your new machine. I know we will see GREAT things from you.

      Delete
  2. The trapunto turned out beautifully! Such fresh colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!..My first attempt at trapunto..I like the result and will be doing it again!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful. That quilting is perfect. Love the puffy flowers. Great colors. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The trapunto was really fun to do!

      Delete
  4. It's amazing! Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! Those bright colors and quilted flowers make it so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is gorgeous! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank You. You kind of get in a 'zone' quilting like this!

      Delete
  8. absolutely delightful! so bright and cheery
    lucky baby and parents.
    great job--quilting is amazing

    Come see my entry #46 Batik Tulips
    applique, hand quilt, wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job on the quilting and the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The project, from start to finish, was fun!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful quilting!!! I love the trapunto flowers-- they really take the quilt to the next level visually. I bet they are nice a cushy for baby too! :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Apparently baby is enjoying 'tummy time' on the quilt every day. So glad to know that it is being used and loved!

      Delete
  11. Whoohoo - awesome quilting! I voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this. I am looking at making it in batik fabrics....buying the pattern from Craftsy....to make I as a double bed size with no border just all chevron...how many fat quarters would I need? thanks Janette

    ReplyDelete