Thursday, March 27, 2014

Finished!
There are so many things in my life that need to be 'finished', and I know that the majority of you all are very much in the same boat with me.  But why do I always feel overwhelmed?   Why does the overwhelming feeling seem to explode every morning at about 3 a.m.?  My eyes lids fly open.  I try to ignore it.  I make myself face away from the clock, pretending that this has NOT happened again.  I turn my pillow over to the cool side and try to close my eyes.  I try to relax.  I try to think happy thoughts. Instead I think of all of the unfinished things in my life.  Maybe if I get up and go to the bathroom it will help.  I doesn't (mainly because I trip over the dog who sleeps in a different spot EVERY night).  I come back to bed.  The dog has moved.  I trip over him again.  Back in the bed I begin to pray for those in need.  This sends me back to sleep.  Maybe God is waking me to pray.....  But when I wake in the morning, I wake with a block of sleep missing....and I drag through the day.

But here is one thing that IS finished thanks to the Mayor of DoodleMoochieville and his best friend who worked for 3 1/2 days to get this all done.  I think it is beautiful.  And it is one thing that is FINISHED and that I no longer think about at 3 in the morning.

BEFORE....Old appliances and countertops..

AFTER...New Viking duel fuel range.  A new vent hood that will suck your eyebrows off.  New granite countertops and a great stainless backsplash.

BEFORE...Old appliances, sink and countertops.

AFTER...new dishwasher, sink, countertops and backsplash (see previous post for close up of this magnificent 'red snake' backsplash).



3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the night time wakefulness! Happened to me last night, ugh, hate being sleep deprived!
    I am a finisher, do not like unfinished projects hanging over my head like a guillotine! Two years ago we gutted our kitchen and although the three month process was at times painful oh boy is it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete